Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Final Days of Just Three...

It's funny how emotions can be so strong and so contradictory. I am very eager for Nathan to arrive and my prayers are that he comes sooner than his April 7th due date. Yet, the last few days I have been very aware that these are the final days of life with just Josh, Kate and myself. Nathan will complete our family, but in some ways I feel like I am mourning the loss of something sweet too.

Today before our bubbling adventure (see post below) Josh took us to Brewster's for a special ice-cream treat. We had a wonderful time together in the warm spring air, and the memories will be treasured.


Nothing gets past Kate; how come Mommy's ice-cream is so much bigger than mine?

Ah, the face of pure satisfaction!

Kate is so excited to meet Nathan! She asks regularly if Nathan is done growing yet. She wants to hold him, to teach him to draw, to play blocks with him, to read him stories and to rock him. She'll be a great big sister, if she can just wait long enough for him to arrive and grow up a little.
Nathan, we all are waiting for you! Come soon little fella!

1 comment:

pianogirl said...

Great post! I definitely know the feeling. Hope everything goes well with little Nathan's arrival. We will keep you guys in our prayers!