Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Thursday, March 11, 2010

She can't be spelling already, can she?

Today we were watching CARS - Mator is a particular favorite of Kate's. Anyway, Lightening McQueen calls someone an idiot in the movie. Kate always asks me what idiot means. I told her it's a bad word that people use when they are angry or being mean. I also told her that Mommy did not like that word, and that she should not use it.

Fast forward 4 or 5 hours. Josh, Kate and I are in the car on the way home from a yummy dinner out. I started to tell Josh the story from CARS. I decided to spell the word so Kate wouldn't know what I was saying. I said to Josh that we were watching CARS and the word i-d-i-o-t caught Kate's attention again. Kate quickly jumps in, "Daddy that means idiot. It's a mean word that people use when they are angry."

I was stunned! How did she know it was idiot? She's 2 1/2 and spelling not to mention defining vocabulary words. Not bad. Not bad. I guess there is a little bit of Mommy in her after all.

No comments: