Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From Kate's Mouth to God's Ears

Today was a rough day as far as obedience goes. The morning started out well but we quickly found ourselves disciplining Kate over and over again for not obeying. She was have some quiet time in her room this morning while Mommy was doing laundry. As I came into her room to put clothes away, I saw her in the corner of her room looking up at her bedroom ceiling praying, "God, please help me obey better." Tears streamed down my face...a teachable heart is all you can really ask for in a child.

Later that morning, we were still in Kate's room attempting to clean it up. Kate had misplaced her treasured "taggie" blanket a few days ago, and despite my best efforts I have not been able to find it. I asked her to look under her bed again. Not there. She kept trying and trying to find it. I told her that she should pray and ask God to help her find the taggie. Kate returned to the same corner of her room, looked up and said, "God, please help me find my yellow taggie. Thanks, God." And wouldn't you know it. About five minutes later, Kate came running out of her room yelling, "I found it, Mom! I found it! God helped me!"

3 comments:

pianogirl said...

Precious story!

Jecholia said...

Amazing grace! I love this!

Will and Alycia Irish said...

How precious, Kim! I can't wait to have my own little girl to store up stories like these in my heart. =)