Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring has finally arrived!

Well, I've been looking hard at the leaf piles in the back yard for the last several weeks now looking for any signs of emerging turtles. The weather around here has been anything but predictable, and yesterday started out as a really wet, rainy day, but the afternoon was sunny and warm. With the spring rains, I figured that I'd see Emily, my only remaining turtle sometime soon. I finally spotted her and managed to get a couple of pictures. The top picture is kind of a "Where's Waldo" kind of shot, but the second picture is a close-up. It makes me really happy to see the turtles, and I can only hope that Amos and Otis (where ever they are) came out of hibernation in fine shape.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh, I'm so glad you have your little friends in the back yard and that they've made it through this crazy winter. Has Kate discovered turtles yet?

pianogirl said...

I just got on my blog to declare the same thing. I wish we had turtles though. They are darling. Ducks are pretty fun too I guess. Enjoy the nice weather!