Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

I love Christmas! Today we bought our Christmas tree! Kate slept through the entire experience, but it was still really special buying her first tree. And the house is beginning to look like a festive place. :) Last year we didn't decorate much because we were spending the holidays on the West Coast. However, we did buy some garland that we wound up and around the stairs. Within a few hours of it being up, Shayla had shredded it all over the steps. No sooner were the decorations displayed that we had to throw them away. So this year we have fake garland adorning our stairs; however, we do have a real tree. So we'll be keeping a close eye on the tree and praying that Shayla leaves it alone!

For a few years now I have had a tradition of buying myself one new Christmas CD each year to build on my holiday collection. This year I knew immediately which one I wanted: Josh Groban's Noel. My wonderful husband purchased it for me this week (along with a short fun Michael Buble Christmas CD). I have been listening to Josh's rendition of some classics all week. I first heard Josh Groban a few years ago as he sang O Holy Night on a NBC Christmas Special. It was so powerful that I think of it every time I hear that song. I must admit I was very disappointed that O Holy Night was not on the CD, but he does a beautiful version of Silent Night. So should any one be itching for some new Christmas tunes, grab Noel and celebrate the beauty of this season.

Although disappointed that O Holy Night was not on the CD, I found a way to listen to it anyway . So thanks to YouTube's ingenuity, I can share the experience with all of you. Enjoy!


No comments: