Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Exit - Center Stage

Well, Little Miss Kate is following in her big cousin, Alex's, footsteps. She made her acting debut today as Baby Jesus in our church's children's Christmas production. By default, Josh and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph. So our little family took on the role of the most important family in history.

Our church has two services. Kate performed wonderfully for the first showing; she smiled, looked at the audience, and contently sucked her fingers. However, the second performance did not go smoothly. Due to the demanding schedule that actresses must endure (ha...ha...) she missed her morning nap and had just fallen asleep in Josh's arms before we went on stage. We thought we were set up for a beautiful version of the babe that slept in a manger, no sound did she make. BUT...the kids began singing and a startled baby did wake. And cried and cried and cried. So sitting center stage I stood with baby in arms, Josh quickly joined me, and we made a calm and quick exit - center stage. Oh well, one performance out of two isn't bad for a three month old.

The event was a bit stressful to be completely honest, but at the same time it was quite an honor to represent the Holy Family. Even though it was just a children's play, the whole experience was very humbling. For the last few days I've been thinking a lot about another favorite Christmas song, Kenny Rogers and Wynona Judd's Mary Did you Know. I think it sums up my feelings from the nativity. Enjoy!


2 comments:

pianogirl said...

What a neat experience! My oldest daughter Melinda played The Baby Jesus when she was a few months old, too! And, what a poignant version of Mary, Did You Know? That song has been a favorite of mine for years.

Jessica said...

Hey Kim! I found your blog through Jon - you never know whose blog you will find. I'm so happy to see you doing so well and with a beautiful little girl! It's amazing to see where each of us are now - who would have thought! I'm glad you are keeping a blog and I look forward to seeing all that is going on in your life (even if it's long distance)! Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!
Love,
Jess
(My blog is www.oursandiegoadventure.blogspot.com)