Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Snow Fall


Today the snow fell for the first time this season. I get so excited about the first snowfall of the year. I must be the teacher in me; the possibility of a snow day was always more thrilling to me than to the kids I think. Even though I'm no longer teaching - I still felt like a little kid today. It came down hours earlier than expected. So when we woke this morning the first dusting was already on the ground. It was beautiful.

Both my parents called before 9 a.m. and strongly advised we stay in. (I guess you never really grow up in your parents' eyes.) In their defense though, my dad witnessed an awful wreck on his way into work. Josh was supposed to travel to Baltimore for the day so they were right to be concerned for him. My plans for the day, however, were not as exciting. (Kate had a doctor's appointment, and I needed to go grocery shopping.) Now that the day is over and there are about 4 inches on the ground, I am glad we cleared our schedules and nestled in for the day.

We did venture out into the backyard for a few minutes. After all, the first snow of the season was the first snow ever for Kate. And that is a moment worth capturing. :)

No comments: