Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Day at the Circus!

What an incredible day we had on Sunday! My wonderful brother, Shaun, and his incredible wife, Debbie, took Josh, Kate and I to the circus! (Brenden and Nana Linda were there too!) Shaun says I've been to one before in my childhood, but I have no memory of it. So to me, this was my first circus! The day began with an exciting (Metro) train ride into D.C.. Kate and Brenden thought that was pretty special. Brenden was yelling, "All Aboard!" while Kate hollered, "Choo, Choo!". We probably could have just rode the Metro all day and they would have been happy!

The show was very exciting (and long!!). But much to my surprise, Kate was captivated for most of the show. She did loose it during the last 10 minutes, but that's not bad for a one-year old. Unfortunately we missed the grand finale.

The elephants and tigers were the favorite part for the kids. Surprisingly the clowns held little appeal. Oh, and Kate really liked the daredevil motorcycle riders, too! (Yup, she's her daddy's girl!)

Nana Linda bought the kids cotton candy. Luckily, Kate didn't like it. But it came with a really crazy hat. Hey--you have to leave the circus with something crazy!



No comments: