Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Little Sunday Service

Today, Josh went with a group of folks from our church to host a small worship service at a local nursing home. I love to see Josh playing his violin. Somewhere over the years it seems that Josh has put down his violin in order to repair other people's instruments. Every now and again he'll pick up the fiddle or mandolin in the evenings and our house fills with beautiful tunes. He's played a few times for the offertory at church, and today he went to the nursing home for the first time. It's good to see him play again. It's even better to see him serve others when he plays. I hope God will provide more opportunities for Josh to use his gifts to bless the church.

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a photo! my heart smiled at this photo, and then, it turns out it was a worship service. I can almost hear the music. Love this! Jen

Josh said...

It was fun to play for this crowd--they were all very appreciative. I played two Irish fiddle tunes in honor of St.Patrick's day next week. At one point, I thought some of those folks in wheel chairs were going to jump up and dance, but unfortunately, they didn't have either the rhythm or the balance necessary.

Judy said...

Oh, how blessed these folks are to have a concert by Josh. I suspect you don't even know how much joy you have brought them!
I love all the little Kate-o-nese sayings. Brings back sweet memories of my own babies. Hold on to these times and recall them often. <><

Unknown said...

This brought back memories of Josh playing for people when we were in high school! Go, Josh! I hope you were blessed with joy in the music as much as you blessed those you played for.