Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A bit of Catch Up...

Confessions of a busy mom: I do not know where the time goes. Kate keeps me so busy that the day is over before I realize it. I haven't picked up my camera much these days- too busy. Nor have I posted much - too tired. However, I thought I'd put up a few pictures and an anecdote or two.
Kate discovered the joy of my camera...
this is her first self-portrait.


This picture doesn't do Kate justice,
but she looked so cute this day with her pig-tails and sweater.
I love her mischievous smile too.


Kate found a new hiding place. There is a tiny area between the piano and the kitchen wall that she can fit in just perfectly. She loves to slide back there and wait to be found. If I'm in the kitchen cooking, she might go in and hide. All of a sudden I'll hear her say "Katie? Katie?" As if she's asking me to say to her, "Where's Katie? Where did Katie go?"

Speaking of cooking, Kate is following in my footsteps here. She loves to come in the kitchen and cook with me. She has a cabinet in the kitchen that is "hers". She pulls out bowls and pans and walks around the kitchen saying cooking, cooking, cooking. Then she'll put the bowl up to her mouth and say "Hmm...good!" Her imagination is really starting to take off. This is such a fun age to watch. We are loving her fun spirit. (Although, we had to put safety knobs up on the stove, because Kate has discovered those too!)

She talking up a storm these days. I'll have to post some of her common phrases another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you include these little peeks into daily life with your precious one... how you show her different facets of personality through the pics and your posts. Kim, you ROCK as a mom and a blogger!!! We love you! And we love Kate, and Josh too!!! ~S