Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Friday, December 19, 2008

Tagged Again...

Okay, I've just been tagged again for a little blogging game by my history loving, teacher friend, Judy. Funny thing is I was simultaneously tagged by Alycia too! This tag was actually a unique one I hadn't heard of yet. So I thought I'd play along.



The Rules: Go to your sixth picture folder,
find your sixth photograph and
blog your memories of the photo.
~~~~

So here's the photo: Kim at Colour Lake in Frederick, Maryland, taken in the summer of 2005.

Although this photo was taken almost year after the event, this marks a very special place for Josh and me. On September 24, 2004, after much nervous pacing from Josh around the front yard and the inside of his apartment, Josh and I decided to go to for a drive. We headed over to this little "lake". (It really was just a dirty duck pond that use to be a cool ice-skating rink in days gone by. But it is nestled in an old historic neighborhood in Frederick and really still has that quaint atmosphere.) Anyway...back to the story. After walking around the lake at least twice with Josh obviously very nervous, I asked him if he wanted to sit down on this bench. After another 20 minutes of nervous chatter this is where he asked me to officially start dating. And the whirlwind romance began. Engaged two months later on November 25th. Married a little over four months later on April 1st. Ah...those were the days!

The setting was more romantic that night in September under an oak tree with just a little light from an old street lamp. The humid August summer day photographed above doesn't really capture the romantic nature of the evening. Yet, I dragged Josh back to the park that summer so I could officially document the event for our scrapbook (which I haven't even started!). Here are a few more shots from the park (taken in August.)



After the park we headed over to Rita's for some gelato. I had to capture this memory as well.


Other random things I remember about that night:

  1. Josh had borrowed a co-workers John Mayer CD in order to familiarize himself with the kind of music I like. And he surprised me by playing it on the way to Rita's.

  2. I thought he'd never ask me...I knew it was coming all night but he was so nervous. I actually had to ask him if there was anything he wanted to talk about while we were sitting on this nice bench!

  3. I went out to dinner with my dad and my friend, Stefanie, before Josh and I went out. I had a feeling that Josh was going to make things official and I was so excited that I couldn't eat anything at dinner.

~~~~~

Okay, now it's my turn to tag a few friends. I'm tagging Holly because she's such a good sport at these things, but she just had a baby on Dec. 8th (yeah Mia!!) so there's grace. She may play along in a month or two! However, I hope the rest of you will jump in sooner rather than later. Sarah, my Baltimore gourmand ~ Lindsey, my cousin who I miss a lot and think of often ~ Allison, Josh's friend now turned my friend who is much better at blogging than I am ~ and Jen, who has no chance of a white Christmas in Georgia!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, you most definitely get an A+!!In fact, you get bonus points for the sweet story that goes along with the picture and for adding a few more pictures. You are a dear. Give Kate a kiss for me. I look forward to seeing you sometime soon so I can give her a kiss of my own. <><

pianogirl said...

Fun game. I just finished posting. I think I need to clean up my pictures folder. I actually deleted the 6th picture and posted the new #6 because the actual one was too blurry to see the girls flying.

Thanks for the compliment about my blogging too. Some people tell me I'm terrible at remembering to post frequently.

Will and Alycia Irish said...

Thanks for playing along! =) Your picture and story was so fun...hope you all have a Merry Christmas and let's get together soon!

Jen said...

What a great sixth post to get to re-document!! I love this post.
Jen