Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ho...Ho...Ho


I say Santa, Kate says, "Ho...Ho...Ho". That's about all she understands about the concept of Santa Claus. Now her cousin, Brenden, gets the idea fully. We say Santa, and he says, "I want a Choo Choo Train." He is so excited about Santa, we think he's going to crawl out of his skin. Rumor has it that Santa has even made a telephone call to Brenden to check in on his train request. Kate's just not there yet. But in honor of tradition, Kate went to sit on Santa's lap for a photo this week. She held her hands out to me the whole time (hence Santa's hand on her arm). But all in all I think it went pretty well for a 16 month old who doesn't care for strangers.

We were pretty slow getting out tree up this year. Seems the Christmas spirit has alluded me a bit, but slowly we're getting there. Our tree was put up on Tuesday night. Josh and I finally decorated it tonight. And I must say it looks beautiful! I love sitting on the couch and seeing the white lights glow from across the room.

Speaking of the tree, Josh has been messing with Kate's mind. Our tree lights have an on/off button that you can step on to easily turn the tree off. Well when we first put it up, Kate got all excited and started clapping. So Josh turned the tree off when she clapped, and back on again when she clapped again. (CLAP ON...CLAP OFF...) So now my poor little angel stands in front of the tree clapping and can't understand why the lights won't come on! He's tormenting her. Isn't there a verse in the Bible about father's not exasperating their children? Poor, Kate. Anybody receive a Clapper this year in a white elephant exchange? We could use one.

1 comment:

pianogirl said...

Good job Kate! It's hard to be that far away from Mommy with a stranger. Cute clapper story - we always forget to turn our lights on. If the girls could just clap them on I'm sure they would be on more.