Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Official...we're getting old (Middle-aged anyway)!

Well, this week marked a significant milestone in our growth as a couple. We got a mini-van! I've always dreamed of the day I would have kids and a minivan to tote them around. (I know that is a little weird.) I don't think Josh was quite as excited about the minivan as I was, but he was equally thrilled to get ride of my old car. Our Buick was having mechanical problems - one after another. And it was just under 60K miles, so we felt it was a good time to trade it in. We do realize that Kate does not need an entire mini-van for herself but since we were trading in the lemon, we thought we'd look to the future and a car to grow with. The mini-van is a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It has some nice bells and whistles - like a DVD player, and automatic doors, and a lot of space. We weren't sure we were going to be able to afford a car this new and nice, but God really did provide for us. We got a great deal. I really love it. We can't wait to go on a road trip. But with the cost of gas these days, we'll just have to enjoy the short car rides back and forth to Target.

1 comment:

Connie Z. said...

hahaha, i often think of your mentioned desire to have your own mini-van. Congrats on reaching that milestone. :)

And Chris says that the Odyssey is one of the best cars on the road. So I think you got a great one!

I enjoy your updates via my Google Reader.
Much love!
connie