Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day


I adore Kate's heart.  It is simple.  It is genuine.  It is full of love if we are wise enough to receive that gift she offers us daily. 

Kate and I were making valentine's for her class this week.  She made one extra card and added quite a few extra heart stickers on it.  I asked her who it was for and she plainly said:  Jesus. 

I asked her if she wanted to mail it, shamefully sarcastic in my mind.  She said, "No, thank you."  I have another idea.  And into the backyard she went with her Valentine balloon and Jesus's valentine taped to the string. 

My heart melted.  Sarcasm gone.  Pure love.  Unhindered faith. Oh, to be more like my sweet daughter.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matthew 19:14

No comments: