Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Monday, April 30, 2012

Pure Magic

Well today was the day...the day long awaited....the day that couldn't come faster for Kate...the day that did not let anyone down.   I have a zillion pictures to sort through, but I thought I'd post a few that top my favorite list!  Let's begin with the mere excitement of the kids as we waited to board the monorail into the park.  We just caught a glimpse of the castle from across the lake, and they were very excited!!


   As expected...the princesses were magnificent.  I was so impressed with how each one really took time with each child.  Kate had full conversations with each of them -- but anyone who knows Kate is not surprised by that!  (And Brenden...he managed to sneak a kiss in with Cinderella.  Sly fella that one!)




 Kate took Princess Tiana by surprise with this hug, and almost knocked her over!  As I mentioned yesterday, the Frog Princess is among Kate's favorite right now.  But Belle has a sweet spot too in Kate's heart.

Another highlight was the 3:00 parade down main street.  It was HOT!  We were TIRED.   We almost decided to skip out on the parade all together in place of some shade and A/C.   Boy I am glad we didn't.  Kate had a prime spot on the sidewalk, and almost every character stopped by to greet her.  I missed her handshake with Captain Hook - boy was she thrilled with that one!  But I captured a few exciting moments.

 I believe Kate is shooting, "Mom!!  Look who is coming!!"


In this picture, Cinderella is actually waving to Kate. 
And Kate is thrilled!   
Well done, Disney.  Well done!

No comments: