Williamsburg in Summer

Williamsburg in Summer

Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall in the Finger Lakes


Josh and I just returned from a few days in the Finger Lakes Region of New York. It was Josh's birthday, and we decided to celebrate with wine country. My parents and my aunt Jeanne and Uncle Billy also joined us. We had a fantastic time. Josh toured a total of 17 wineries. I went to a few, but since I can't drink while pregnant, I opted to spend some time alone in the hotel reading and napping. It was a great balance of romantic time with Josh, fun times with family, and priceless time alone.
The foliage just started to turn toward the end of our stay; it was beautiful. Oh, how the bright colors and crisp autumn air makes me long for New England again. I think part of my soul feels like I'm in New Hampshire when we go to Lake Seneca. We only took a few pictures, but it's hard to capture the essence of what your seeing in a small viewfinder!
Kate and Shayla stayed with "Aunt Holly" in Long Island. She very graciously offered to care for our brood so we could go away. Our trip involved a lot of driving - MD to Long Island (way the heck down long island too)- LI to Upstate New York - back to Long Island - back to MD. We are glad to be home now. We managed to bring Kate and Mia back some incredible pumpkins. Josh bought his share of wine; I shopped at the fresh produce stands!!

2 comments:

christy said...

Congratulations on being pregnant again!!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely family: so handsome (Josh) and beautiful (Kim and Kate). Love you all!